Peiser & Mankin Surveying, LLC is a leading provider of boundary and topographic surveying, base mapping, right-of-way mapping, and GPS control along with its GIS and Laser Scanning services in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding areas.. Peiser & Mankin Surveying, LLC offers a full-service land surveying group staffed by surveying professionals with a wide variety of experience to handle any type of survey project.
Do You Require A Survey?
As we all know, there are times when the public needs a survey but is not aware that they need a survey. Here is a small list of examples for when its time to call a qualified professional land surveyor.
YOU MAY NEED A PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR WHEN...
- A property is divided into parcels for sale or development
- A property is to be sold, purchased or mortgaged
- A property improvements are planned or to be developed
- Government regulations require a survey and map of your property
- The location of property boundaries or corners is uncertain
- Property trespass or encroachment is evidenced or suspected
- Elevation certificate for flood insurance
- A topography or tree survey for development
How is GPS Technology Used in a Survey?
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a satellite-based positioning system made up of a network of 24 satellites placed into orbit by the U.S. Department of Defense. GPS satellites circle the earth twice a day in a very precise orbit and transmit signal information to earth. GPS receivers take this information and use triangulation to calculate the exact position of them. GPS receiver compares the time a signal was transmitted by a satellite with the time it was received. The time difference tells the GPS receiver how far away the satellite is. With the distance measurements from a few more satellites, the receiver can determine its position with centimeter accuracy.